Coffee lovers receive top tips on how to make the perfect cuppa
Article type Event
Published 18th December 2014
Add topic to FeedMe >
Event is hosted by Peyton and Byrne Barista School
Coffee lovers were treated to a warm, stimulating experience during a specially held Barista evening.
The event, hosted by Peyton and Byrne Barista School was an informal evening with experts at Mozzo Coffee providing a beginners guide to home brewing.
After some mince pies and delicious mulled wine Mozzo provided top tips on how to make the perfect cup of coffee at home:
- The fresher the better – always use the freshest coffee, freshly ground is perfect
- 70% of your experience when drinking coffee is aroma based
- After 3 minutes more than 60% of these coffee aromas are gone
- The three T’s of brewing
- Finer ground coffee is better for espresso and mocha
- Coarser ground coffee is better for filter and cafetiere coffee
- Always remember the recipe – 55g of ground coffee per litre of water
Keep an eye out for future events on the Peyton and Byrne Food Club newsletter.